Refinishing vs. Installation of New Wood Floors: What’s Your Best Option?
If you’re considering the topic of refinishing versus installation of new wood floors, that means you are most likely experiencing scratches, discoloration of floors, dents, or splinters. Any of these issues can occur over time and if the wood floors are lacking quality and longevity, you should consider contacting us here at NewRidge Refinishing to discuss your options to get your floors looking great again.
So, what’s the best option when you decide it is time to revamp your floors? High-quality wood floors can stand the test of time and can improve the value of your house and bring warmth into your home. However, refinishing may not be enough to give your floors that new glow, which is when the installation of new wood floors is often advised.
Read on to learn more about your options as we can help you decide what works best for your home!
Refinishing vs. New Installation of Wood Floors – How Can You Tell Which is the Best Choice?
To give you a head start, these are some of the most usual questions when debating on refinishing vs. new installation of wood floors:
- What option is more cost-effective?
- What option is faster?
- What option is aesthetically more pleasing?
- What is the livability and lifespan of wood floors with each option?
Whatever option you decide to go for, you should do proper research and evaluate more than a couple of contractors to compare prices, skills, user reviews, the quality of products, and professional services—better yet, leave all that work to us here at NewRidge Refinishing. We have the expertise and experience to provide you with the most skilled specialists with expertise and experience in installing new and refinishing wood floors and stairs. They are true craftspeople.
With our team of professionals, you can expect:
- A straightforward and easy process
- Transparency and realism
- Expert skills with 15 or more years of experience
- Communication and consistency
- Loyalty and ethical approach
- Credibility and quality
Our experts use only regularly maintained equipment and the best quality professional-grade products from specialty distributors.
More often than not, the right decision for most homeowners is to refinish existing floors because:
Refinishing comes with fewer costs and is more cost-efficient in general
- The time needed for the refinishing process is significantly shorter in comparison to installing new flooring
- If properly maintained the lifespan of refinished wooden floors is 10 years
When Do You Need to Consider the New Installation of Wood Floors?
For a professional contractor specialized in refinishing, no floor is damaged beyond repair. However, if the quality of your current flooring is questionable or virtually non-existent, refinishing may not be the best choice. NewRidge Refinishing can help walk you through this decision.
If you end up opting for a new installation, you should know that:
- The costs of installing new floors are greater as it involves preparation of the subfloor, removing the old flooring, and installing a new product
- The process of new installation takes longer
- You should choose a product with extended longevity and a long lifespan
- You will need to refinish the floors in a couple of years if you choose a low-quality product
We know that whether you choose to refinish or install new floors, it is a financial investment by you in your home. Unlike many of our competitors, we offer financing programs for our clients. NewRidge Refinishing can meet your wants and needs with 0% interest and a repayment period of up to 9 months.
At NewRidge Refinishing Group, we stand by our quotes and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee with a monetary warranty, so our clients’ interests are protected and secured.
Have any questions we can answer for you, contact us HERE.